Australia's Qbiotics concludes successful $85 million capital raise
28 June 2021 | Monday | News
QBiotics Group Limited (QBiotics), a life sciences company developing novel small molecule anticancer and wound healing pharmaceuticals, is pleased to announce that it has concluded an $85 million capital raise, having closed the final stage of the capital raise being an Offer of Shares to Existing Shareholders on Monday 21 June 2021, pursuant to the Prospectus lodged on 17 May 2021. A total of $12.5 million was raised in the oversubscribed Offer to Existing Shareholders. The Board authorised and approved the issue and allotment of 13,888,872 Shares at an issue price of $0.90 per Share to the subscribers under the Offer, effective Friday 25 June 2021.
Image Source : Public Domain
- Capital raise nets $85 million from Existing Shareholders, Existing Institutional Investors, and cornerstone investor TDM Growth Partners.
- Funding to enable human clinical development of the Company's anticancer drug candidate tigilanol tiglate and its wound healing drug candidate EBC-1013.
This now concludes the Company's $85 million capital raise which commenced in March 2021 and consisted of three parts, including:
- A $50 million placement to cornerstone investors, global investment firm TDM Growth Partners in March 2021;
- A $22.55 million placement to Existing Sophisticated Investor in April 2021; and
- A $12.5 million placement to Existing Shareholders completed on 25 June 2021.
Funding from this capital raise will enable QBiotics to fund further human clinical development of the anticancer drug candidate tigilanol tiglate, expand the market for the anticancer veterinary pharmaceutical STELFONTA®, support human and veterinary clinical development of QBiotics' wound healing drug candidate EBC-1013, and strengthen the QBiotics team.
CEO and Managing Director, Dr Victoria Gordon commented, "We have been delighted with the support shown by our existing shareholders through this capital raise. Welcoming TDM Growth Partners as a cornerstone investor has met a major milestone for QBiotics and one which recognises the strong growth potential in the company.
This funding underpins the next stage in QBiotics' corporate evolution and supports a step-change in the pace at which our programmes can be brought forward."
Now that the Offer is closed and the share placement has been finalised, the trading of QBiotics' shares via the "Buying & selling shares process" set out on the QBiotics website will recommence.