- China Pharma Completes Third-Party Testing for Dry Eye Therapeutic Device
China Pharma Completes Third-Party Testing for Dry Eye Therapeutic Device
30 November 2023 | Thursday | News
China Pharma Holdings, Inc. (NYSE American: CPHI) ("China Pharma", or the "Company"), an NYSE American-listed corporation with a fully-integrated specialty pharmaceuticals subsidiary based in China, today announced that its Dry Eye Disease (DED) therapeutic device has passed third-party testing and is preparing to apply for market launch to the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) of China.
Image Source : Public Domain
According to a disclosure by the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center on June 6, 2023, an epidemiological survey of DED showed that approximately 344 million patients are suffering from DED worldwide, accounting for 30% of the total number of ophthalmic outpatient visits, with an annual increase of 10%. There are about 80 million DED patients in China, ranking second in ophthalmic diseases.
- This device has a utility model patent;
- Epidemiological research shows that the incidence rate of DED for all the people in China is about 25% to 30%, and about 75% for people over 65-year-old;
- In the field of DED and visual fatigue, this product is expected to fill in the market gap of medical therapeutic apparatus; and
- The Company has established sales channels in more than 30 provincial and municipal hospitals, as well as OTC markets in China for more than 20 years. This sales network may strongly support the launch and promotion of this device.
Ms. Li Zhilin, CEO of China Pharma said: " After passing third-party testing, this product has obtained qualifications to apply for market approval from NMPA. We are actively working to try to launch this product in the first half of next year. We are confident that with the patented technological advantages and our sales channels, the launch of this product will bring excellent treatment experience to every DED patient, which will create value for our shareholders."